Saturday, February 2, 2013

Don't Forget Your Walking Shoes.

London is a really awesome city, and there is stuff going on around every corner. On Wednesday Alexis and I decided to wander around the city on foot, and we spent about five and a half hours out (five of those hours were spent walking, we paused briefly to consume some fish and chips at the Tower of London).

 First fish and chips!

It was all pretty incredible. Most of the time we didn't have a map, or any idea where we were going. We did manage to find the reconstruction of the Globe Theatre, London Bridge, and Tower Bridge.

Yay for touristy pictures! We already stood out with out lack of black anyway...

One of the great things about London is that there is always a tube stop nearby, and you can pretty much find your way home from any of them, although we managed all our trip on foot!

Some of the stations are pretty huge, and I plan to avoid them at rush hour at all costs. 

While wandering though the streets we came across Borough Market, and we will definitely be headed back. We also found this super awesome sunshade.

There really is a lot of colour in London, just not on its residents. 

We had a blast, and I plan to spend as much time as possible exploring London by foot. I am pretty sure I could live here for ten years and there would still be things I had yet to see, but I plan to make the most of my short five months!

-El

1 comment: